A Career Check Up
From Eileen Sharaga
So many of us go along day after day without stepping back and taking a look at our careers, at our lives. But, without that kind of perspective, it becomes difficult to redefine ourselves and move from an unsatisfying career towards a more fulfilling one.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself about your career.
Career Check Up:
The more honest you are with yourself the more valuable these questions will be.
- Am I happy so far with the path my career is taking?
- What do I consider my greatest strengths?
- Are those strengths being utilized in my current career?
- Do I feel my job is a natural outgrowth of who I am?
- What is the most rewarding contribution I’ve made to a work situation?
- If I could imagine the ideal circumstances for a job, what would they be?
- What is my definition of success?
- What are my career goals? Do I even have any?
Asking big questions can lead to a crucial understanding of yourself and your career. Self-reflection is the first step on the road that leads you towards a satisfying, interesting, rewarding career… and life.
If the questions in the Career Check-Up have made you wonder if you might be happier doing something else, somewhere else – I would be happy to discuss ways of helping you get there.