Summer is the perfect time to reassess your career goals and create a plan of action for the fall. Whether it’s identifying a new career direction, getting your resume in shape, or launching a job search, now is a good time to sharpen your focus and move ahead.
To Help You Get Started, Here Are a Few Questions to Ask Yourself:
- What are your priorities at this point in your life?
- What do you consider your greatest strengths: Are they being utilized in your current job?
- Do you feel your job is a natural outgrowth of who you are?
- What things stand in the way of getting what you want?
- What new risks are you willing to take?
- If you could imagine the ideal circumstances for a job, what would they be?
Answering these questions is a good start towards formulating and realizing your career goals. The better you can define yourself and your issues, the clearer and more actionable your strategy will become.